Newcastle boss Howe delighted with Joelinton for victory at Brentford

Forum 2 years ago

Newcastle boss Howe delighted with Joelinton for victory at Brentford

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe was delighted with Joelinton for victory at Brentford.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/46c13eb5cf68d284c2d3045db9928927.jpeg

The Brazilian looked set to become one of the Premier League's biggest flops after failing to fire in front of goal following his £40million switch from Hoffenheim in 2019.

But Howe's decision to pull Joelinton back into the centre of the pitch already looks an inspired one, and the 25-year-old capped another eye-catching display with the opening goal in Saturday's crucial 2-0 win at Brentford.

“The biggest compliment I can pay him is that he hasn't made it look difficult and hasn't required too much information from me," said Howe.

“He absorbs the information quickly and is able to deliver. There's been no sense of us carrying him defensively, far from it.

“Naturally, he has an attacking eye, he takes up some really good positions under pressure, in tight areas he's been very, very good.

“We need him to score from that position and he was the man who got that first goal for us. Hopefully he can get many more arriving late in the box."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers
Forum | 1 week ago

‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display
Forum | 2 weeks ago

‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal