Count Me Out Of 2023 Presidential Race – Buratai

Forum 2 years ago

Count Me Out Of 2023 Presidential Race – Buratai

Former Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai (rtd) has distanced himself from the campaign posters flying around showing he is preparing for the 2023 presidential race.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fc3e8d12585438021735820b58680037.jpg

Buratai, Nigeria’s Ambassador to the Republic of Benin, stated that he never indicated interest, discussed with or directed anyone on such matters.

This was contained in a statement signed by the former spokesman of the Nigerian Army, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman (rtd).

Buratai stated that such calls and posters should be discountenanced as they did not emanate from him.

“It is entirely the handiwork of some people for reasons best known to them. His Excellency wishes to reiterate his contentment and commitment to national service in his present capacity as Nigeria’s Ambassador to the Benin Republic.

“He remains loyal and eternally grateful to President Muhammadu Buhari for the opportunity to serve,” the statement read in part.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC
Forum | 1 week ago

Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC's Salihu Lukman

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa

EPL: Man City cannot drop points – Guardiola on title race ahead of Luton clash
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Man City cannot drop points – Guardiola on title race ahead of Luton clash