Why One Does Not Need Valentine’s Date To Feel Loved – Singer, Johnny Drille

Forum 2 years ago

Why One Does Not Need Valentine’s Date To Feel Loved – Singer, Johnny Drille

Recently, Nigerian singer, Johnny Drille, released a song titled, titled ‘You are just single’, to celebrate Valentine’s Day. The song elicited mixed reactions from fans, especially a line that says, ‘Jesus didn’t have a val’.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f7d09528661f70f57b9ff9e560885cf7.jpg

In an interview with Saturday Beats, Drille maintained that one did not need to have a date for Valentine’s Day to feel loved.

He said, “I am a Christian and if there is a role model we (Christians) should follow, it is Jesus Christ. Jesus did not have a ‘Val’ so why should anybody feel sad simply because they don’t have one. Truly, love is good, but you don’t need to have a Valentine’s date to feel loved. Jesus loves you.”

The singer also stated that the inspiration behind the song was to let people know that it is okay to be single. He added, “It was a fun song to make. It was just me having fun and trying to let people know it is okay to be single. There is no stigma in not celebrating Valentine’s Day for whatever reason. I did not think it would go viral but I guess there were a lot of people who could relate with it. It feels good actually. I hope in lonely moments, someone will hear it, have a laugh and realise that they are still worthy of love, even if they don’t get gifts on Valentine’s Day.”

Drille also argued that love should not only be celebrated on Valentine’s Day. He said, “One must show the people one loves that one loves them as often as possible. As a matter of fact, my debut album, ‘Before We Fall Asleep’ was meant to let people know how important it is to show love to people around them when one still has the chance. Tomorrow is not promised. Another Valentine’s Day is not promised. What we have is now and we should celebrate love every day.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Documentary About Real-Life The Zone of Interest Family
Forum | 3 days ago

Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Documentary About Real-Life The Zone of Interest Family

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 5 days ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 5 days ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 6 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’