"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

4 Separate Explosions Rocked Maiduguri Killed Many And Leave Many Others Injured

Forum 8 years ago

4 Separate Explosions Rocked Maiduguri Killed Many And Leave Many Others Injured

Four separate explosions rocked Gommari Area near Maiduguri Airport, within 25 minutes have killed several people in the area leaving many others with various degrees of injury.

The first explosion which occured around 7:35 pm at Ajilari cross in Gmmari ward was said to have left scores dead and many injured.

An eye witness told Daily Trust that they heard a loud noise that shook everywhere followed by lightening and thick smoke that sent people running toward different directions.

Alhaji Buar Modu said further "less than 10 minutes later, at exactly 7:43 pm another one exploded not to far from the place. That one did nit do much damage because people were at the scene of the first one. The third one exploded few minutes later in a mosque when people were praying. I saw people scattered in the mosque.It was terryfying. I could not stay behind to see what happened. The highest death (toll) might be the ine in the mosque.

"I was running toward home when the last one exploded with a bang. I do not have details about that one. But all the blasts took place not far from each other," he said.

A commercial vehicle driver who resides in the Gommari area, Alhaji Tijjani Bana, said the forth explosion occured at the gate of a viewing center killing about five people including children selling satched water.

A community leader in the area, who pleaded annonymity for fear of being attacked said it might be a Boko Haram attack aimed at scaring people from a successful Sallah celebration.

Efforts to reach the military and the police authorities for comment were not successful, but rescue operation has since commenced.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Collapsed billboard claims 3 lives, injures 59 injured in India
Forum | 3 days ago

Collapsed billboard claims 3 lives, injures 59 injured in India

Transfer: Fulham boss, Silva confirms Adarabioyo will leave this summer
Forum | 6 days ago

Transfer: Fulham boss, Silva confirms Adarabioyo will leave this summer

Police arrest suspect who killed KEDCO staff in Kano
Forum | 1 week ago