Leeds happy to let Van de Beek go to Everton

Forum 2 years ago

Leeds happy to let Van de Beek go to Everton

Leeds United 'decided against' signing Donny van de Beek as the Manchester United midfielder joined Everton on-loan.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fd6ea13ecfb4d3070104a7ce8ff80948.jpeg

Van de Beek completed a late loan switch to Everton and will spend the rest of the season at Goodison Park, but the Blues weren't the only club weighing up a move.

According to The Athletic's Phil Hay: “Van de Beek, again, was considered not to be the right fit, and I can't explain what that exactly means.

“But I think you can surmise that it's a lot of factors. It's fitness, perhaps his exact style, possibly ego, possibly the thought of, 'will this guy play?'. Or, 'is he going to be in my starting lineup?'

“You have to factor in that [he's] a very expensive player with quite a high profile – is he right to put into the dressing room? For one reason or another, they didn't take that up."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat

Why Actresses Hardly Have Happy Relationships – Nollywood Star, Stella Udeze Speaks
Forum | 5 days ago

Why Actresses Hardly Have Happy Relationships – Nollywood Star, Stella Udeze Speaks