Liverpool boss Klopp pleased Tsimikas and Robertson pushing eachother

Forum 2 years ago

Liverpool boss Klopp pleased Tsimikas and Robertson pushing eachother

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is pleased seeing Kostas Tsimikas and Andrew Robertson pushing eachother.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ad63e758425f122ac785c8cce5e9711c.jpeg

Ahead of today's FA Cup clash with Cardiff City, Klopp commented on the left-back battle.

He said, "I'm not sure competition is exactly the word I want in these kind of moments. So, we are one big team, we are one squad. If you play for Liverpool, you have a lot of good things you can expect and some things are different when you play for another club. So here at Liverpool, we have to win each game, that's pretty much how it is.

"Unfortunately, we don't do that but that doesn't mean we are allowed to lose the next one as well. These boys over the last few years did an absolutely incredible job without, how you say, competition on different positions. They forced, they stretched really their limits – absolutely unbelievably, the development they had. We didn't bring in different players to create a competition. We bring in players to have solutions in different situations and that means now that the boys have to deal with it, that's the job they have to do.

"It means you are in the first line-up, so run your socks off and play as good as you can, as long as you can. And if you can't do that anymore, then another player has to be there who can replace you and do the same job – if possible, even better because he's fresher. And that's the idea behind."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold