Conte: Tottenham paying for past transfer mistakes

Forum 2 years ago

Conte: Tottenham paying for past transfer mistakes

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte says the club is making up for past transfer mistakes.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b60c064b66ace33efee851d4e8ee80ea.jpeg

The Italian says with four players leaving on-loan, it shows errors have been made.

Conte said: "It was strange, in January to send four on loan, and sell one player [Dele Alli]. It means maybe in the past, you have to see what you did. And maybe to understand that there were some mistakes in the past.

"Because usually you have to buy players to reinforce your team. But if you send away players on loan you bought in the last two or three years, it means maybe you did something wrong in the past.

"For sure to lose four players in January, I repeat is not normal. We shared the decision with the club and the players. But I repeat, it means something wrong happened in the past. Usually you buy players to reinforce your team, you don't lose players after one, two or three years.

"For this reason, we have to pay more attention in the future when we go in the market about the choice of the players. It becomes of fundamental importance if we want to reinforce the quality of the team. Otherwise, when you go reinforce the quality of your team, you drop the quality of your team.

"I hope I transferred my thoughts to my club because I repeat, I have my vision. I'm here to try to help my club to improve.

"In my experiences in the past, I have built good structure, good teams that have lasted over time. Also without me, also without me.

"It means maybe if I tell something and have a vision, I see the situation. Here we need to build, we need to build a good structure and create a good foundation.

"It will be very important to not make mistakes in the future, because in this moment many teams are higher than us and for this reason, to catch up with them, we have to reduce the mistakes. We have to reduce them, have a vision and follow this line."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Davido Reacts After Producer Accused Him of Not Paying Him Royalties
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reacts After Producer Accused Him of Not Paying Him Royalties

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka