West Ham boss Moyes defends lack of January signings

Forum 2 years ago

West Ham boss Moyes defends lack of January signings

West Ham boss David Moyes insists there's no disappointment after zero signings in January.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9642c710d7c2dd4355c887a485c1dab7.jpeg

Moyes says he remains happy with the board's ambition.

He said, "I think there have been nine clubs in the January window who didn't bring any players in. For some reason, it's been a much more difficult January window than possibly others.

"We wanted to add to the squad if we could do, but unfortunately we just couldn't quite get them it over the line.

"We did [get close to deals] but for different reasons it didn't quite happen.

"I'd never tell you my targets because that would be wrong, but what I do want to do is be ambitious here at West Ham, bring in good players and add to the really good squad we've got at the moment. Sometimes, getting things you actually want, you have to wait a little bit longer. I think it was quite obvious as nine clubs didn't do any business in January."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 11 hours ago

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham

Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke
Forum | 4 days ago

Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal