Five (5) Killed As Church Collapses In Enugu

Forum 9 years ago

Five (5) Killed As Church Collapses In Enugu

No fewer than five worshippers died on Saturday, following the collapse of St. Anthony Catholic Church Cathedral at Oduma in Aninri Local Government Area of Enugu State.

An eyewitness revealed under anonymity, yesterday, in Enugu that the incident occurred between 8pm and 9pm following a downpour.

The source said the worshippers were in a prayer meeting when the incident occurred.

[ads4]
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Enugu State Police Command, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, said the cause of the incident was not yet known.

He said: “Yes, I can confirm to you that five persons died following the collapse of St. Anthony Catholic Church building at about 8pm but we are yet to know the cause.

“It is not yet clear as to what brought about the collapse of the building, but we have commenced full investigations into the incidence.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State
Forum | 3 hours ago

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun
Forum | 2 days ago

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi
Forum | 2 days ago

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses
Forum | 2 days ago

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses