Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime – Femi Adesina

Forum 2 years ago

Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime – Femi Adesina

Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, says the negative corruption rating of the Transparency International which placed Nigeria on the second most corrupt country in Africa is an indictment on the citizens and not on the government.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/35fbe5be8d34d1ecfaf773b95255e7db.jpg

The Transparency International rating also placed Nigeria on 24 points out of 100 available points, to drop in its ranking.

However, Adesina, in an interview on Channels TV ‘Sunrise Daily’ monitored by NRTC, said that Transparency International’s report was an “indictment on all Nigerians, and not the Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari alone.”

Nonetheless, he stated that the index does not reflect the Federal Government’s stance and fight against corruption in all facets of the public sector.

“My attitude to reports like that remains the same. We don’t need such reports to validate whatever FG is doing and anti-corruption is one of the core pledges of this administration.

“Would you rather believe the reports about arrests by EFCC or a foreign organization? Corruption is being tackled by this administration.

“Such reports are not an indictment of the administration but of the average Nigerian like you and me.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl
Forum | 23 hours ago

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam
Forum | 1 day ago

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam

Furiosa MPA Rating Revealed for Mad Max Prequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Furiosa MPA Rating Revealed for Mad Max Prequel

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 1 day ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC