Nigerians Play Dirty Politics, Can Do Anything To Get Elected – Abdulsalami

Forum 2 years ago

Nigerians Play Dirty Politics, Can Do Anything To Get Elected – Abdulsalami

A former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar (retd.) has bemoaned Nigeria’s kind of politics, saying people do anything to be elected.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/718d5f0933a3998169c6c35e191787cf.jpg

He also accused the electorate of selling their liberty and getting easily excited by sweet talks and gifts from politicians.

He stated this while speaking in an interview with Trust Television on Saturday night.

The former Head of State said ahead of the forthcoming 2023 general elections, he expected more maturity and understanding from the politicians than just seeking power.

He noted that a lot of politicians and leaders had not met the people’s expectations.

He stated, “Yes, there are some challenges in leadership but you know politics is a dirty game. And I think we are playing dirty politics in this country. My prayer is that our politicians and the electorate are aware that their actions or inaction could mar this country. We have a lot of problems; people do anything in order to be elected and unfortunately the electorate sell their liberty. They become enticed by mere talks and worldly gifts and so on.

“I hope we will now wake up and do the right thing, which we know is right, to elect people we trust that can really look after us and deliver governance as it should be.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl
Forum | 1 day ago

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam
Forum | 1 day ago

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 3 days ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 3 days ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance