WWE Denies Mustafa Ali’s Release Request

Forum 2 years ago

WWE Denies Mustafa Ali’s Release Request

Despite his recent public request to be released from his WWE contract and the company releasing dozens of professional wrestlers in recent months, Mustafa Ali will continue to be a part of the WWE SmackDown roster.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7c20809f23a3be998f3966b50251e61a.jpg

WWE still has plans for Ali, who previously was the leader of the faction Retribution and had a memorable feud with Daniel Bryan in 2018, which is why the company has denied his release request per

Fightful Select

. The report also states that Ali currently has multiple years left on his deal.

“I have a message that is much bigger than my dreams in pro wrestling,” said Ali on Twitter earlier this month. “Despite my best efforts, I will not be able to deliver this message while working with WWE. Therefore, I am requesting my release from WWE.”

Check out Mustafa Ali’s WWE release request video below:

Ali joined WWE in 2016 after competing in the Cruiserweight Classic tournament. After a year of competing on 205 Live, Ali began feuding with Daniel Bryan on SmackDown. Eventually, Ali became the leader of the ill-fated faction Retribution in 2020 and has been used rarely on television since the group disbanded.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 2 days ago

Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie

Faceless After Dark Release Date Set for Meta Horror Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Faceless After Dark Release Date Set for Meta Horror Movie

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie