Tim Roth Talks Abomination’s MCU Return in Shang-Chi and She-Hulk

Forum 2 years ago

Tim Roth Talks Abomination’s MCU Return in Shang-Chi and She-Hulk

Actor Tim Roth is no stranger to the world of comic book films, having appeared in The Incredible Hulk as Emil Blonsky, a.k.a. Abomination. In a recent interview with Uproxx, the actor spoke about the future of his character, and his upcoming appearance in Disney+’s She-Hulk.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fde87f6c68c132c8ad0c0cf637e6cd68.jpg

“Well, honestly, it totally surprised me,” Roth said when asked about Abomination appearing in the recently released Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. “I went in to chat with Kevin Feige and he said, ‘I’ve got an idea. Come in.’ Really? Really? Because the original thing that I did, when I did that first Incredible Hulk movie, was I just did it for my kids.”

Roth also touched on his role in The Incredible Hulk, reminiscing on the film that was “pre-Iron Man” before discussing his upcoming role in the She-Hulk series.

“So I was amazed when they came back around and said, ‘How would you feel about…’ And I went, ‘Yeah. All right!’, Roth said. “And we just shot it, I guess in the summer last year or whatever. I think that they’re in post now doing it, so whenever. Bonus, I got to work with Mark Ruffalo. Awesome. Who I love. And I don’t know if I’m allowed to say. Oh, I can say that. But this extraordinary woman, Tatiana…Incredible, that woman. So that was a blast. It was insane.”

She-Hulk reportedly centers on lawyer Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany), cousin of Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), who inherits his Hulk powers after she receives a blood transfusion from him. Unlike Bruce, however, when she hulks out Jennifer is able to retain most of her personality, intelligence, and emotional control.

The cast also includes Renée Elise Goldsberry, Ginger Gonzaga, Jameela Jamil, Tim Roth, and Mark Ruffalo, who will be reprising his role as Bruce Banner, aka the Hulk. It has been rumored that Megan Thee Stallion could appear in the series as well, though the rapper’s involvement has not been confirmed.

Emmy winner Jessica Gao (Rick and Morty, Silicon Valley) serves as creator, head writer, and executive producer for She-Hulk. Kat Coiro (Marry Me, Dead to Me) is directing the pilot along with additional episodes and is also executive producing. Anu Valia (Lucia, Before and After) will also direct.

The series is produced by Marvel Studios. The first season will consist of ten episodes and is scheduled to premiere in 2022.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut
Forum | 1 day ago

New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot
Forum | 6 days ago

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot

Michael Douglas Wanted Hank Pym’s MCU Death in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Forum | 6 days ago

Michael Douglas Wanted Hank Pym’s MCU Death in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 6 days ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy