Chelsea hero Cole baffled by muted Ziyech goal celebration

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea hero Cole baffled by muted Ziyech goal celebration

Chelsea hero Joe Cole was baffled by Hakim Ziyech's muted celebration after scoring in last night's draw with Brighton.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d6e634fe7b115d89b6b3702ab6342790.jpeg

Ziyech was one of the players most widely criticised following Saturday's defeat at Manchester City and the Moroccan, who was making only his eighth league start of the season, had a point to prove at the Amex Stadium.

He gave the visitors the lead against the run of play with a speculative shot from outside the area but barely reacted after hitting the net despite being mobbed by his team-mates.

"This is what you play for," Cole said on BT Sport. "He's a fantastic talent, he hasn't hit the ground running in the Premier League as it's very different to the Dutch league. But the not celebrating... It doesn't sit well for him as a lad.

"If he was in my team I'd be saying come on. You know when lads are not happy and they're not playing. But if I come off the bench and score a goal, it's a release of energy."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge