Ikechukwu Uche happy to be back in Keshi’s squad

Forum 9 years ago

Ikechukwu Uche happy to be back in Keshi’s squad

The Villareal striker has returned to the side almost two years after he appeared in the final of Afcon 2013 in South Africa
Returnee striker Ikechukwu Uche has told Goal that he is happy to rejoin the Nigeria squad, almost two years since he last played at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

The 30-year-old Villareal striker has vowed to contribute his best to the side if included in the team that would confront the national team of Congo on Saturday in Pointe Noire.

“I am very happy to be back in the team and I thank my fans and football loving Nigerians for the support they gave before I rejoined the team. I am resolute and ready to contribute my quota to ensure the Eagles emerge victorious in Congo,” Uche told Goal on Wednesday in Abuja.

“I am a team player and I will play with my colleagues to achieve victory against Congo, although it will be very tough because [the Red Devils] are a very tough team but we will work hard to win.”

He also declared that the relationship between him and chief coach Stephen Keshi has been “very good, very good” since his recall to the national team

Keshi also told Goal he is happy to have the player back because every good coach will always like to have his best players around.

“It’s always good to have your best players with you, so it is good to see Uche back into the team,” Keshi said.

Nigeria need to win by at least two goals to keep alive hopes of qualifying for the 2015 Afcon when they face Congo on Saturday.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 17 hours ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 23 hours ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues

Actress Uche Nnanna Celebrates 10-years of Marriage With Husband
Forum | 3 days ago

Actress Uche Nnanna Celebrates 10-years of Marriage With Husband

Euro 2024: UEFA to increase squad size to 26 players
Forum | 3 days ago

Euro 2024: UEFA to increase squad size to 26 players