Andrew Garfield Recalls Lying to Emma Stone About Spider-Man ReturnAndrew Garfield Recalls Lying to Emma Stone About Spider-Man Return

Forum 2 years ago

Andrew Garfield Recalls Lying to Emma Stone About Spider-Man ReturnAndrew Garfield Recalls Lying to Emma Stone About Spider-Man Return

Before Spider-Man: No Way Home had its successful theatrical debut, Andrew Garfield had to endure continuously lying about his Spider-Man return in a number of interviews during the press junkets of his acclaimed films The Eyes of Tammy Faye, and tick, tick…BOOM! Now that the secret’s been out for about a month, Garfield has opened up about his experience of deceiving the press and fans about his No Way Home involvement, describing it as “stressful,” and “weirdly enjoyable.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6dd48addba0b4686bc7e998ece9f5054.jpg

“It was stressful, I’m not gonna lie,” Garfield said in an interview with The Wrap. “It was rather stressful but also weirdly enjoyable. It was like this massive game of Werewolf that I was playing with journalists and with people guessing, and it was very fun. There were moments where I was like, ‘God, I hate lying.’ I don’t like to lie and I’m not a good liar, but I kept framing it as a game. And I kept imagining myself purely as a fan of that character, which is not hard to do.”

However, it looks like the fans and press weren’t the only victims to his Spider-Man deception as the acclaimed actor had also no choice but to lie to his The Amazing Spider-Man co-star Emma Stone. In a recent interview on the Happy Sad Confused Podcast, Garfield recalled the time when Stone kept texting him about his then-rumored return in No Way Home. Despite being close friends, he persevered and continued to deny his Spider-Man return to the former Gwen Stacy actress.

“Emma kept on texting me, she was like, ‘Are you in this new Spider-Man film?’” Garfield shared. “And I was like ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ (laughs). She was like, ‘Shut up, just tell me,’ and I kept it going even with her it was hilarious.”

The film currently holds a worldwide gross of over $1.6 billion and has become Sony’s highest-grossing film of all time. According to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures are already actively beginning to develop their next Spider-Man film together.

Spider-Man: No Way Home sees the return of Tom Holland as the beloved titular wall-crawler, along with Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange. It was directed by Jon Watts from a screenplay written by Chris McKenna, and Erik Sommers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller
Forum | 1 hour ago

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 1 hour ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 1 day ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 1 day ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series