Denzel Washington Confirms The Equalizer 3 as His Next Project

Forum 2 years ago

Denzel Washington Confirms The Equalizer 3 as His Next Project

It has been three years since the theatrical release of The Equalizer 2, and it looks like Denzel Washington is finally making his action comeback with the upcoming follow-up to his 2018 film.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cac2267defda54c8b75c107c66737231.jpg

Speaking with Collider, when asked about his next project following Joel Coen’s The Tragedy of Macbeth, the Oscar-winning actor confirmed that he’s excited to be working on The Equalizer 3, which already has a completed script.

“They have written the third Equalizer, so I’m scheduled to do that,” Washington teased. “So I gotta get in shape and start beating people up again. I get to beat people up again. The Tragedy of Macbeth and then going and beating some people up. Can’t get any better, right?”

According to the outlet’s sources, Antoine Fuqua is still currently in negotiations to return and direct the third installment. This would mark Fuqua and Washington’s latest collaboration after working together on 2001’s Training Day, 2016’s The Magnificent Seven, and the first two Equalizer films.

The Equalizer films were based on the classic CBS series which ran on air for four seasons from 1985-1989 on the CBS network. Joining Denzel in the first two films were Bill Pullman, Melissa Leo, David Harbour, Pedro Pascal, and more. The action franchise currently has a combined worldwide gross of over $190 million.

CBS has also revived the crime drama series, with a female-led reboot from original creators Michael Sloan and Richard Lindheim. Led by Queen Latifah as Robyn McCall, the series is currently on its second season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Russell Crowe Exorcism Movie The Georgetown Project Gets New Title, Distributor
Forum | 2 days ago

Russell Crowe Exorcism Movie The Georgetown Project Gets New Title, Distributor

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 2 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

The Blair Witch Project Cast Seek Retroactive Residuals from Lionsgate
Forum | 2 days ago

The Blair Witch Project Cast Seek Retroactive Residuals from Lionsgate