NBC Sets Special Honoring Betty White for Later This Month

Forum 2 years ago

NBC Sets Special Honoring Betty White for Later This Month

NBC will be celebrating the life of iconic actress Betty White later this month, as the company announced that it will broadcast Celebrating Betty White: America’s Golden Girl on January 31, 2022.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bddb78ad9770cab28168195ac21051f5.jpg

The hour-long special will premiere at 10 p.m. ET and will be made available to stream on Peacock the next day. The special will feature tributes from various celebrities and friends of White, who unfortunately passed away on December 31, 2021, following a stroke. NBC has also said that the special will air clips from throughout the career of White.

White is most famous for her acting as she had breakout roles in the 70s and 80s. She played Sue Ann Nivens on The Mary Tyler Moore Show from 1973 to 1977 and then starred in The Golden Girls as Rose Nylund from 1985 through 1992. White stayed active even in her later years as she starred in TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland from 2010 through 2015.

White began her career in the 1930s when she was just eight years old. She became the first woman to produce a sitcom (Life in Elizabeth) and was a staple on game show panels. Her television career spans over nine decades, which has earned her a Guinness World Record. She’s received eight Emmy awards over her career, three American Comedy Awards, and a Grammy Award.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 9 hours ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers
Forum | 11 hours ago

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date