James Wan to Produce Thread, Which is ‘Back to the Future Meets Aliens’

Forum 2 years ago

James Wan to Produce Thread, Which is ‘Back to the Future Meets Aliens’

According to Deadline, Sony Pictures is in the process of developing a sci-fi horror film titled Thread. The project hails from The Conjuring Universe creator James Wan and Moon Knight head writer Jeremy Slater.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/43056af95e7fd580018ff964a7a99182.jpg

Further details about its plot and characters are still being kept under wraps, but the project is being described as “Back to the Future meets Aliens.” It will be written by Slater, who is also set to make his feature directorial debut with Thread. The film will be produced by James Wan, and Michael Clear through their Atomic Monster banner, with Judson Scott, and Melissa Russell serving as executive producers.

Through Atomic Monster, Wan is also currently developing other horror projects including New Line Cinema’s Train to Busan remake The Last Train to New York, Gary Dauberman’s Stephen King adaptation Salem’s Lot, Blumhouse’s M3GAN, Universal’s new Van Helsing film, and more. The filmmaker also recently wrapped production on Warner Bros. Pictures’ highly-anticipated DC sequel Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

Slater is no stranger to the horror genre as he previously worked on films such as 2015’s supernatural thriller The Lazarus Effect, and 2017’s Stephanie as well as created the Fox series The Exorcist which only ran for two seasons. He is also best for his work in the superhero genre as he is currently working on Netflix’s The Umbrella Academy Season 3, and Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight series.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
If You Can’t Produce a Good Film, Pack Up – Yvonne Jegede
Forum | 3 days ago

If You Can’t Produce a Good Film, Pack Up – Yvonne Jegede

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 4 days ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky
Forum | 4 days ago

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky