The Godfather Gets Theatrical Rerelease, 4K Trilogy Box Set

Forum 2 years ago

The Godfather Gets Theatrical Rerelease, 4K Trilogy Box Set

The iconic film The Godfather is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2022, and in celebration, the legendary movie will be getting a rerelease in theaters, as well as a brand-new 4K Ultra HD release.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bf72c5c5b5da9b9060365581992026a9.jpg

Beginning on February 25, 2022, The Godfather will begin playing exclusively in Dolby Cinema at AMC Theaters across the United States, as well as in international territories around the world. Alongside that, a special 4K Ultra HD collection of The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II, and Mario Puzo’s The Godfather, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone will be released on March 22, 2022, marking the first time all three films have been collected in 4K Ultra HD.

“I am very proud of The Godfather, which certainly defined the first third of my creative life,” said Francis Ford Coppola, the legendary director of the film series. “With this 50th anniversary tribute, I’m especially proud Mario Puzo’s The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone is included, as it captures Mario and my original vision in definitively concluding our epic trilogy. It’s also gratifying to celebrate this milestone with Paramount alongside the wonderful fans who’ve loved it for decades, younger generations who still find it relevant today, and those who will discover it for the first time.”

The Godfather 4K Ultra HD collection was restored by Paramount and Coppola’s production company American Zoetrope and marks the first major restoration of the film since its 2007 re-release. Along with the new restorations, the rerelease contains a ton of new bonus content, as well as some legacy content that makes its way back to the release. These include:

• Introduction to The Godfather by Francis Ford Coppola

• Full Circle: Preserving The Godfather—Paramount Pictures archivists detail the incredible restoration process with archival footage showing the evolution of the film through various home entertainment incarnations as picture and audio technologies make quantum leaps over the decades.

• Capturing the Corleones: Through the Lens of Photographer Steve Schapiro— In this reflective and frank discussion, special photographer Steve Schapiro shares his unique perspective and cherished memories as a witness to the making of this seminal film.  Commentary on curated archival images makes for a fascinating, never-before-seen addition to the production’s history.

• The Godfather: Home Movies— An assortment of 8mm home movie footage shot in 1971 offers a candid glimpse into the production of The Godfather.  Shot on location at the Norton family estate on Staten Island’s Emerson Hill, this is the first time it’s been made available to the public.

• Restoration Comparisons— Before and after highlights showcase extensive picture quality improvements to The Godfather

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling
Forum | 11 hours ago

Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie
Forum | 22 hours ago

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie

Commotion As Customs Officer Gets Lynched In Katsina For Shooting Passenger
Forum | 1 day ago

Commotion As Customs Officer Gets Lynched In Katsina For Shooting Passenger

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 1 day ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off