Those Behind Viral Memes Sent Gunmen After Me - Mummy GO

Forum 2 years ago

Those Behind Viral Memes Sent Gunmen After Me - Mummy GO

The founder of Rapture Proclaimer Evangelical Church of God, Evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo has cried out that gunmen are after her life.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e67da396adb84143c598321c9f8bc011.jpg

According to her, those behind the trending Mummy G.O hellfire memes sent gunmen after her.

She said they have been at it for about eight years now and just recently decided to make use of social media to disgrace her.

The Evangelist who spoke to BBC Pidgin said they are angry because her messages are pulling their church members away from them and to her own church.

This is as she addressed some of the quotes attributed to her in several Mummy G.O memes and videos which have gone viral on social media.

Asked to state why her message is always centred on heaven and hellfire, she said, “My message is to ensure that people make heaven. I want them to avoid things that will prevent them from making heaven, things that will send them to hellfire. My message also prepares people for the rapture because Jesus is coming back, whether people believe it or not. Apart from the message I deliver, God is doing healings and miracles as we get testimonies from all over the world.”

On if she feels bad about being called Mummy G.O, she said, “I don’t feel bad about being called Mummy G.O. Why should I feel bad? Many never knew I existed until they were told many bad things about me, but the wise among them will want to know the truth, from there they will know the real me.

“90 per cent of them don’t know me. They are just flexing on social media to flow with the trend. They don’t even know the reason behind the trend. There’s too much stress in this country, so people are easily carried away by anything that will make them laugh. They don’t know that those who started the trend did so to create a scandal. Some didn’t even know I truly exist, they thought it was all a joke. They are not my enemies, they don’t hate me nor do I hate them.”

Addressing the statements captured in the viral videos and memes, Evangelist Funmilayo said, “All those videos are edited. Even Lucifer, if he’s made a pastor today, will he ever say all those things attributed to me talk less of someone called a holiness preacher? So, most of those things attributed to me were never said by me. The people behind the trend have been at it for over eight years. Sometimes they make use of magazines. When that didn’t work, they sent gunmen after me.”

She continued, “I’ve been receiving some strange calls saying ‘Evangelist Funmilayo you are affecting us. Many of our members hear your message and they pull out of our church. If you don’t stop, we will kill you’.

“I thought it was just a threat until we started seeing gunmen chasing us while driving, coming to our church to threaten us and so on. At times, when I’m inside a banking hall, they take my picture and forward it to me, saying if they wanted to have me killed, they would have done so. They say they will disgrace me if I don’t stop. When they saw that I didn’t stop, they decided to make use of social media trends.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion
Forum | 3 days ago

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion

NDLEA Has Sent Message To Drug Cartels With 50,901 Arrests, 9,034 Convictions – Marwa
Forum | 4 days ago

NDLEA Has Sent Message To Drug Cartels With 50,901 Arrests, 9,034 Convictions – Marwa

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video
Forum | 5 days ago

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video

Gunmen Storm Lagos Community, Burn One-Year-Old Baby, 15 Houses Beyond Recognition
Forum | 5 days ago

Gunmen Storm Lagos Community, Burn One-Year-Old Baby, 15 Houses Beyond Recognition