Arsenal boss Arteta explains holding back Smith Rowe

Forum 2 years ago

Arsenal boss Arteta explains holding back Smith Rowe

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has explained holding back Emile Smith Rowe in recent weeks.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/57e7b9867d1f587804d4f1d569928c22.jpeg

Arteta admits the midfielder's fitness has been a concern.

He said, "Well the main reason (behind) that was because he wasn't completely fit to play. He's been carrying an issue, and that hasn't allowed him to train regularly, to play regularly, and that was the main reason. Because in his performances, and what he did before that international break - there is no question that he was one of our more important and consistent players.

"The only reason that changed the dynamic was that - and obviously now that the team (has been) doing well, there are other players who are doing well, and have been performing well. That changed the situation, but I am very happy with him."

He continued, "Each player raises the level of the player next to him, and this is how you evolve as a team. How you create a culture around the team, that when I get the opportunity I have to grab it. That a statement should be done on the pitch, and not talking or making comments, and when you have the opportunity, grab it. Then show how good you are, and then if you do that you continue playing."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves