Lukaku insists he wasn't seeking to insult Chelsea

Forum 2 years ago

Lukaku insists he wasn't seeking to insult Chelsea

Romelu Lukaku insists he wasn't seeking to insult Chelsea during last week's Sky Italia interview.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e14a8973c05e0fd70949fecb60ad77f1.jpeg

During the controversy, Lukaku declared "...there are three top-level teams; Barcelona, Real and Bayern. All players dream of them. It's the truth. I thought I was going to one of the clubs after Inter".

Asked about the comments, the striker replied: "What I mean by that is that there are a lot of kids who have a certain dream of playing for those football clubs. My club was Chelsea and everyone knows that. From the time I was 10 or 11 years old, I always said I would play for Chelsea.

"I came here when I was 18. It did not go so well, but now I am back here as a 28-year-old in the best years of my career. I must not ruin this because I have worked really hard for the last ten years to get this opportunity and I am really happy to be here."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 3 days ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd