Atletico Madrid boss Simeone confirms Trippier departure after Newcastle offer

Forum 2 years ago

Atletico Madrid boss Simeone confirms Trippier departure after Newcastle offer

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has paid tribute to Kieran Trippier ahead of his switch to Newcastle United.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6965b46a476b81122a46897d26418b3e.jpeg

The Magpies have formally submitted a £12million deal plus £3million in add-ons for the England right-back.

And Simeone has all but confirmed Trippier is on his way to St. James' Park.

"I always look at the positive things, I am grateful to Trippier for all the time he has been with us," he said on Wednesday.

"The club has given him 48 hours to resolve the situation.

"He has behaved very well, he has worked very well, he has been a very important footballer for us.

"It is time to look ahead and look for alternatives to make things work.

"The club knows what we want, what we seek and what we need, we are always in common agreement.

"We will go according to what we can, if it cannot be solved with what we have here."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie
Forum | 10 hours ago

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 1 day ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola
Forum | 3 days ago

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola