Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Liverpool captain Henderson remains upbeat after Chelsea draw

Forum 2 years ago

Liverpool captain Henderson remains upbeat after Chelsea draw

Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson thinks his team can take positives away from Sunday's draw with Chelsea.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/96a28c44f8659dda506c3229f3670c9e.jpeg

The Reds blew a 2-0 goal lead to share the spoils at Stamford Bridge.

"We'll be disappointed with the goals we conceded," Henderson told the club's website.

"Of course the first one is an outstanding finish but the lead-up to it we were disappointed with and then conceding so quickly on the second one, we'll be disappointed with that also.

"But then we get in at half-time and I thought the lads came out and gave it everything. Chelsea are always going to create chances here, but I thought we defended and showed great spirit to keep going and keep digging in when the crowd was up.

"On another day we could have scored another one on the counter-attack, we had a couple of good chances, the 'keeper made some brilliant saves for them. So, in the end I think we've got to take the point and move on because it is a tough place to come.

"Of course, if you look at the league we would have liked to have taken the three points to try to get closer to [Manchester] City but, unfortunately, under the circumstances we couldn't do that today."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Liverpool officially out of title race after Man City thrash Fulham
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Liverpool officially out of title race after Man City thrash Fulham

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva
Forum | 5 days ago

Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva

EPL: Cole Palmer continues to rewrite Chelsea history, matching Drogba, Lampard records
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Cole Palmer continues to rewrite Chelsea history, matching Drogba, Lampard records