​Wolves manager Bruno Lage explains plan to beat Man Utd

Forum 2 years ago

​Wolves manager Bruno Lage explains plan to beat Man Utd

Wolves boss Bruno Lage opened up about his side's tactics as they dismantled Manchester United and won 1-0 at Old Trafford in the Premier League.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f47bf792f8b397551dcf8a6ecf5735d2.jpeg

The away side were underdogs going into the game, but claimed their first win at Old Trafford since 1980 on Monday.

Despite United being below par, again, Wolves deserved a lot of credit for their endeavour, tactical awareness, and teamwork throughout the game.

"It's not about [exploiting] weakness, we try to understand the spaces they will give. The way they press, we prepared to try and understand, when we have the ball we try to understand which men will be free," the Wolves boss told reporters.

"It can be whoever is free, one of the centre backs free, or if they come and press three against three like they did with Cavani the spaces will be outside.

"That's why today we try to find Semedo and Marcal and they come inside to play and then we play against six men, the defensive line and the two midfielders. When we arrive there it's important to keep the ball, get the opponent running. Top teams, sometimes they have more problems when they don't have the ball. If you spend more time with the ball we will find our space and create chances.

"Manchester United changed their system a bit, but when you look in the end the way we pressed, controlled the game, the chances we created we deserved the three points."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 9 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances