I Won 2019 Election Fairly And Wasn’t Imposed On Kano – Ganduje Replies Kwankwaso

Forum 2 years ago

I Won 2019 Election Fairly And Wasn’t Imposed On Kano – Ganduje Replies Kwankwaso

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has denied some claims made by his predecessor, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso in a recent interview.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7c3a6ac4d32828b8b4d0cfa6ee675fa1.jpg

In an interview with The PUNCH, Kwankwaso had claimed that Ganduje lost his re-election bid in 2019 and was forced on Kano people by some powerful forces.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) stalwart described Ganduje’s alleged imposition on Kano residents as the “worst crime in a democracy”.

But in a statement on Sunday, the state Commissioner for Information, Muhammad Garba, said the allegations made by the former governors are baseless and unfounded.

Garba stated that governor Ganduje won his re-election free and square, refuting claims that he lost the election and was imposed on the state by some godfathers.

He alleged that Kwankwaso remains the father of election rigging in the state, adding that the former Minister managed a well-organized election rigging network in major local governments in the state.

The commissioner berated Kwankwaso for making unguarded utterances, noting that his attempt to rubbish the Ganduje administration has backfired.

He stressed that the former governor’s actions completely negates the spirit of genuine peace and reconciliation he preached to his followers in the last few days to avoid derailing.

Garba said that it was unfortunate that Kwankwaso is still contesting the result of an election conducted by INEC and upheld by courts of law, asking the former minister to move on.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

Ganduje’s Son Visits Kano Anti-Graft Agency Amid ‘Corruption’ Charges Against His Dad
Forum | 1 day ago

Ganduje’s Son Visits Kano Anti-Graft Agency Amid ‘Corruption’ Charges Against His Dad

Kano State Governor, Abba Yusuf, Suspended By NNPP
Forum | 2 days ago

Kano State Governor, Abba Yusuf, Suspended By NNPP