Betty White Passes Away, The Golden Girls Star Was 99

Forum 2 years ago

Betty White Passes Away, The Golden Girls Star Was 99

The entertainment world is in mourning as legendary actress and comedian Betty White has passed away at the age of 99. According to TMZ, White passed away at her home on Friday morning. The Golden Girls actress was going to turn 100 on January 17.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3895bbf2681e974795c20997c16e6d41.jpg

“I thought she would live forever. I’ll miss her terribly,” said White’s agent Jeff Witjas confirming the passing. “I don’t think Betty ever feared passing because she always wanted to be with her husband. She believed she’d be with him again.”

White is most famous for her acting as she had breakout roles in the 70s and 80s. She played Sue Ann Nivens on The Mary Tyler Moore Show from 1973 to 1977 and then starred in The Golden Girls as Rose Nylund from 1985 through 1992. White stayed active even in her later years as she starred in TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland from 2010 through 2015. The comedy legend also stayed active doing voice acting as she voiced Yoshie in the English dub of Ponyo, Grammy Norma in The Lorax, and Bitey White in Toy Story 4.

White began her career in the 1930s when she was just eight years old. She became the first woman to produce a sitcom (Life in Elizabeth) and was a staple on game show panels. Her television career spans over nine decades, which has earned her a Guinness World Record. She’s received eight Emmy awards over her career, three American Comedy Awards, and a Grammy Award.

A documentary film Betty White: 100 Years Young – A Birthday Celebration was scheduled to release in January and was to feature a star-studded cast of entertainers reflecting on White’s career that included Ryan Reynolds, Tina Fey, Robert Redford, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Jay Leno, Carol Burnett, Craig Ferguson, Jimmy Kimmel, Valerie Bertinelli, James Corden, Wendy Malick, and Jennifer Love Hewitt. No word yet on if the special will be retooled or released as planned.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 2 days ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central
Forum | 6 days ago

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 1 week ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding