"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

West Ham boss Moyes dismisses talk of losing Rice

Forum 2 years ago

West Ham boss Moyes dismisses talk of losing Rice

West Ham boss David Moyes says there's no plans to sell Declan Rice.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4855d7206a392908db27bb5bb56caeb7.jpeg

Considering the valuation of more than £100million and a contract which runs to 2024 and includes the option of an extra year held by West Ham, Moyes says there is little concern over losing Rice - with the real focus being on bringing the rest of the squad up to his level.

"Declan's under a long contract here, under a long length of contract," said Moyes. "So from that point of view we've not got a big panic on.

"We will keep Declan as long as we possibly can, we've no intention of selling him. If we ever had to, I've said already many, many times what it would be - a shoot to the moon."

Moyes added: "Overall he's done a great job. Hopefully he keeps driving the team on and I hope we continue to add good players to play with and around Declan.

"My job is to keep building the club and build this level up and I think getting Declan players around him who are of a similar level and capable of playing at a really high level."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man City confirms major injury blow ahead of West Ham, Man Utd matches
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Man City confirms major injury blow ahead of West Ham, Man Utd matches

EPL: Arteta will not give up – Guardiola speaks ahead Man City vs West Ham
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta will not give up – Guardiola speaks ahead Man City vs West Ham

EPL: David Moyes’ replacement at West Ham revealed
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: David Moyes’ replacement at West Ham revealed