Aston Villa boss Gerrard reveals transfer talks

Forum 2 years ago

Aston Villa boss Gerrard reveals transfer talks

Aston Villa boss Steven Gerrard says they won't buy for the sake of it.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/821eebff172414d7eb7bf7542b2a7994.jpeg

Villa have spent close to £330million since returning to the Premier League in 2019 and Gerrard, appointed in November, is eager to make his mark on the squad.

“The important thing is we'll only make signings if we feel they're the right ones for the team and for the club to move us forward and to improve us," Gerrard said, ahead on Sunday's trip to Brentford.

“We won't make them for the sake of it just to add volume.

“We are looking and assessing certain players for certain positions in the squad. I won't give too much away because my phone will go on fire and start smoking with agents, which I don't want.

“Myself, Christian Purslow (chief executive) and Johan Lange (sporting director) have spoken every day in the past week.

“We've had some good, positive meetings and we have identified certain individuals we'd like to bring in.

“If we can make that happen in this window, great. If not, it might be a case of being patient and waiting until the summer."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Transfer: Agent names club Osimhen will join after leaving Napoli
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Agent names club Osimhen will join after leaving Napoli

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid
Forum | 3 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid

BLord Shares Grass-to-Grace Journey, Reveals Net Worth
Forum | 4 days ago

BLord Shares Grass-to-Grace Journey, Reveals Net Worth