George R. R. Martin Praises House of the Dragon’s ‘Dark’ First Episode

Forum 2 years ago

George R. R. Martin Praises House of the Dragon’s ‘Dark’ First Episode

In a new blog post, author George R.R. Martin has expressed his excitement for HBO’s first Game of Thrones spin-off House of the Dragon, confirming that he has already watched a rough cut of the first episode.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/257a8262c981e58545b60096e46803fc.jpg

Martin went on to praise the upcoming show’s first episode, describing it as dark, powerful, and visceral. He also teased that like the main series, viewers will be falling in love with a lot of characters.

“I am anticipating House of the Dragon pretty eagerly myself, for what it’s worth,” Martin shared. “Okay, I am hardly objective. And I know a lot of what you will be seeing. (I, um, wrote the book). Also … mum’s the word now, don’t tell anyone… I’ve seen a rough cut of the first episode. And loved it. It’s dark, it’s powerful, it’s visceral… just the way I like my epic fantasy.”

He continues, “Ryan and Miguel have done an amazing job, and the cast… just as with Game of Thrones, most viewers will only have heard of a few of the actors, but I think you are going to fall in love with a lot of them. (Only to have your heart broken later when… but no, that would be telling).

“I think the Targaryens are in very good hands.”

Based on George R.R. Martin’s Fire & Blood, House of the Dragon chronicles the rise and the downfall of the Targaryens, who are the only family of dragonlords to survive the Doom of Valyria. It will take place 300 years before the events of the award-winning series adaptation of Game of Thrones which aired its final episode nearly two years ago.

The 10-episode series will be led by Paddy Considine, Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, and Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. It will also feature Rhys Ifans, Steve Toussaint, Eve Best, Sonoya Mizuno, Milly Alcock, Emily Carey, Graham McTavish, Ryan Corr, Jefferson Hall, David Horovitch, Matthew Needham, Bill Patterson, Gavin Spokes, Wil Johnson, John Macmillan, Savannah Steyn, and Theo Nate.

House of the Dragon hails from George R.R. Martin, Ryan Condal, and Game of Thrones director Miguel Sapochnik, with Condal and Sapochnik also attached to serve as showrunners. Executive producers are. Executive producers are Martin, Sapochnik, Condal, Vince Gerardis, and Sara Lee Hess.

The prequel series is currently eyeing a 2022 debut.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 2 days ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

Andrew Garfield, Miles Teller Reportedly Being Eyed for Martin Scorsese’s Jesus Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Andrew Garfield, Miles Teller Reportedly Being Eyed for Martin Scorsese’s Jesus Movie