Lukaku ‘not happy’ with Chelsea situation as problems mount for Tuchel

Forum 2 years ago

Lukaku ‘not happy’ with Chelsea situation as problems mount for Tuchel

Romelu Lukaku has given an explosive interview in which he states he is “not happy” with his situation at Chelsea, as the problems continue to mount for Thomas Tuchel.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/345251e329ce761d167c22a904341a44.jpg

Chelsea’s record signing, who rejoined from Internazionale for £97.5m in the summer, has endured a frustrating campaign under Tuchel so far but has recently found his shooting boots with goals in his last two outings for the European champions.

The striker has scored seven goals in 18 matches this season but has been inconsistent and not always started matches under the manager. It is understood the interview was recorded three weeks ago, before Lukaku’s return to scoring form while he has since praised his manager after the 3-1 win at Aston Villa.

“Physically I am fine,” Lukaku told Sky Italy. “But I am not happy with the situation at Chelsea. Tuchel has chosen to play with another system.

“I won’t give up. I will be professional. I am not happy with the situation but I am professional and I can’t give up now.”

Lukaku, who fired Internazionale to the Serie A title in May, said that he hopes to one day return to Inter, adding: “Now it is the right time to share my feelings. I have always said that I have Inter in my head. I know I will return to Inter, I really hope so. I am in love with Italy.”

The release of the interview will provide an irritating backdrop for Tuchel who has seen his resources stretched by injuries and Covid-19 in the last month. Chelsea face Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Sunday and will be without Reece James after the defender injured his hamstring in Wednesday night’s 1-1 draw with Brighton. Chelsea were awaiting scan results but fear it could be a torn hamstring which would necessitate a lengthy layoff for the 22-year-old.

Tuchel is already without wing-back Ben Chilwell for the rest of the season while Andreas Christensen is a serious doubt to face Liverpool and Thiago Silva missed Wednesday night’s game through injury. Chelsea will make a late decision on Silva’s thigh issue but also on a host of players still suffering lasting effects after contracting Covid-19, including Timo Werner.

Tuchel said: “[Werner’s] not good, not in training. And that’s because of Covid. We don’t know any more at the moment, and nobody knows quite how the players [who have had Covid] will react. We play trial and error and see what we get. That’s why I’m protecting my team. We can play much better but we need a full squad over weeks and weeks.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
John Leguizamo Turned Down Happy Feet Because He Was Sick of ‘Doing All These Ice Movies’
Forum | 3 hours ago

John Leguizamo Turned Down Happy Feet Because He Was Sick of ‘Doing All These Ice Movies’

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva
Forum | 4 days ago

Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva

EPL: Cole Palmer continues to rewrite Chelsea history, matching Drogba, Lampard records
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Cole Palmer continues to rewrite Chelsea history, matching Drogba, Lampard records