Katsina Governor, Masari, says telecom services to be restored before January

Forum 2 years ago

Katsina Governor, Masari, says telecom services to be restored before January

The Katsina State Government has announced plans to lift the ban on telecommunication services in the 7 remaining affected local government areas before January 2022.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0c4d29b27df0622d9daebec201cd467f.jpg

This is coming barely 2 weeks after the state government ordered the restoration of telecommunication services in some local governments in the state which had been heavily affected by banditry and terrorism.

According to NAN, this was made known by the Governor of Katsina State, Bello Masari, during a chat with journalists on Tuesday in Katsina, where he urged residents to do their best to protect their areas from bandit attacks.

Masari, who was full of praises for the efforts of all security agencies, especially vigilance groups, for fighting bandits, noted that the vigilantes travel from one community to another with the aim of protecting the communities.

The governor also advised people to defend their communities and to also give the securities all the necessary support, especially by providing them with correct information on criminals.

He encouraged the people in the various communities to support the local vigilance groups with the necessary weapons so that they could defend them in the event of an attack.

What you should know

Recall that earlier in December, the Katsina State Government said that the lifting of the ban on telecommunication services in some local governments was due to the restoration of relative peace and normalcy in the affected areas.

In a related development, the Kaduna State Government in November announced the immediate restoration of telecommunication services in some parts of the states where they were earlier suspended, coming barely 2 months after telecommunication companies shut down their services in some parts of Kaduna State at the instance of the state government and security agencies as part of measures to check the activities of bandits, kidnappers and other criminal elements.

Masari had also earlier said that banditry must be defeated collectively across the affected northern states before 2023 when the tenure of the various administrations will come to an end.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 1 day ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 1 day ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 2 days ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’