Next Supermarket fire:  FG pledges support to build back supermarket

Forum 2 years ago

Next Supermarket fire:  FG pledges support to build back supermarket

The Federal Government has announced it will support Next Cash and Carry supermarket to “bounce back stronger” after the unfortunate fire incident of Boxing day,

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7e70eebcc3416512ec9e8f023df10fcb.jpg

This was disclosed by the FCT Minister, Muhammad Bello on Tuesday during a tour of the scene, according to the News Agency of Nigeria.

The FCT Minister also revealed that the supermarket is important for the Federal Capital’s private economy and says no life was lost during the incident.

What the Minister said

Bello said, “This particular incident brought out what is good about us as residents, everybody united and supported them.

“I really sympathised with Next Cash and Carry Supermarket, particularly because during the heat of the COVID-19 it was among the foremost companies that provided tremendous support for the FCTA.

The Minister sympathised with Next Cash and Carry Supermarket, particularly because during the heat of the COVID-19 it was among the foremost companies that provided palliative items which we distributed to vulnerable members of the community. He however said that it is now the duty of the community to rally round and protect this important investment that is a generator of many jobs in the city.

“We will give them all the needed support so that they bounce back stronger than what they were before. We look forward to seeing you back to business in the no distant future,” Bello said.

He praised the staff of the supermarket for activating internal fire fighting mechanism in place, and promised an investigation into the cause of the fire.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 2 days ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 3 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand
Forum | 3 days ago

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand

Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial
Forum | 4 days ago

Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial