11 die in Anambra Boxing Day auto crash

Forum 2 years ago

11 die in Anambra Boxing Day auto crash

A road accident on Agulu Lake Bridge by Awka-Ekwulobia Road in Anambra State on Sunday evening claimed 11 lives.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/173b7ffd4e0f21324ab58ca85313dda0.png

Four other persons were injured in the crash.

The accident, which was attributed to wrongful overtaking and excessive speed, involved three vehicles.

According to an eyewitness, the driver of a Mitsubishi L300 was on top speed while overtaking, and collided with an oncoming truck.

A shuttle bus later ran into the already collided vehicles.

Out of the 20 people involved in the crash, 11 people, including three male adults, one female child and seven others, were trapped inside the bus and burnt beyond recognition.

Five passengers in the Hiace bus were rescued.

Those who sustained injury were rushed to St Joseph’s Hospital while the corpses of the dead victims were deposited at the hospital’s morgue.

The Anambra State Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Mr Adeoye Irelewuyi, sympathised with the families of the dead victims.

He warned against dangerous overtaking.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

11 Cultists Arrested For Invading Anambra Hotel With Charms, Dangerous Weapons
Forum | 1 day ago

11 Cultists Arrested For Invading Anambra Hotel With Charms, Dangerous Weapons

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Activist Drags Soludo, Others to Court For Running Anambra LGs With Unelected Officials
Forum | 4 days ago

Activist Drags Soludo, Others to Court For Running Anambra LGs With Unelected Officials