Ondo CP vows to end illegal checkpoints

Forum 2 years ago

Ondo CP vows to end illegal checkpoints

The Ondo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Oyediran Oyeyemi, has promised to ensure the removal of illegal police checkpoints along Shagamu -Ore -Benin Expressway.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/62e81e37a94bda7120ae484ebce2960e.jpg

It was gathered that there are over 200 police checkpoints on the highway.

The situation causes regular traffic jam on the road.

Speaking on the development, the police boss, who led a team of police officers to Ore in Odigbo Local Government Area of the state on Sunday, said indiscipline will never be allowed under his watch.

He said there would be an end to the checkpoints on the expressway.

Oyeyemi said, “We don’t want a situation where travellers will suffer for several hours due to traffic jam. That is why we are here to talk to our men and restore sanity.

“The police will not tolerate indiscipline of any kind. So, any police officer caught blocking the road, using stick or whatsoever, will never go unpunished.

“To sustain this, we will continue to visit this road without giving them prior notice. Motorists plying this road should have a rest of mind that they are safe.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Naira Appreciation: FCCPC Vows To Monitor, Investigate Price Hike
Forum | 18 hours ago

Naira Appreciation: FCCPC Vows To Monitor, Investigate Price Hike

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool
Forum | 1 day ago

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool

I
Forum | 2 days ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life

Military Aircraft Bomb Illegal Rrefining Sites In Rivers
Forum | 2 days ago

Military Aircraft Bomb Illegal Rrefining Sites In Rivers