Benue agency distributes food items to displaced persons

Forum 2 years ago

Benue agency distributes food items to displaced persons

Benue State Emergency Management Agency on Wednesday distributed food items to all Internally Displaced Persons in the State.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ff3355cbb2c196b965663cbe0b86aa4c.jpg

The Executive Secretary of the agency, Dr Emmanuel Shior, said that agency had requested security beef up at all the displaced persons camps in the state.

Distributing the items, Shior said that a total of 4,800 bags of rice, 3,000 cartons of indomine, 205 gallons of palm oil, 300 bags of salt, beans and other condiments were given out to over 15 official and unofficial camps located in Guma, Makurdi, Kwande, Logo, Agatu and Otukpo local government areas.

“We are giving all the official and unofficial camps food items in this round of distribution, the camps are Abagena, Daudu one and three, Ukpam, Gbajimba one and two, Ortese, Udei, Naka, Aondona, Agagba, and some in Kwande, Agatu and Otukpo.

“We are giving a total of 4,800 bags of rice, 3,000 cartons of noodles, 205 gallons of palm oil, 300 bags of salt, and other condiments.”

The SEMA boss regretted that it was not the intention of the State Government to continue keeping the IDPs in the camps, adding that the security challenges that forced them out of their ancestral homes still remained the same.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Seal Off Benue APC Factional Secretariat
Forum | 4 days ago

Police Seal Off Benue APC Factional Secretariat

Ganduje’s Son Visits Kano Anti-Graft Agency Amid ‘Corruption’ Charges Against His Dad
Forum | 6 days ago

Ganduje’s Son Visits Kano Anti-Graft Agency Amid ‘Corruption’ Charges Against His Dad

JAMB
Forum | 1 week ago

JAMB's list of prohibited items in the exam hall and instructions on biometric verification

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 1 week ago

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair