Man City boss Guardiola happy seeing team collect another Prem record

Forum 2 years ago

Man City boss Guardiola happy seeing team collect another Prem record

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is happy seeing his team collect another record after victory at Newcastle.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b09b9a3e9c07a362faf1e2d115eca6be.jpeg

City's 4-0 win on Sunday was their 34th Premier League win of 2021, setting a new English record for top flight victories in a calendar year.

Asked what the record says about his side, he replied: "Our consistency. I prefer to win titles but when you break records you are consistent, win ages and win games. This is the precious value this team have, you have to renew, build again, avoid performance like the first half to do better.

"It's a compliment, one day it will be broken, maybe one day a team will do more than the 100 points we won. They will have to do well because it's not easy to do it."

And in an ominous warning to City's rivals, Guardiola said the Newcastle win shows they can do even better and win even more games.

"I'm happy for the guys, be proud of it," he said.

"Today when we break a record and play like we did the first half, I'm happy because I know the margin to be a better team."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Capital City University appoints first female registrar
Forum | 1 day ago

Capital City University appoints first female registrar

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

EPL: They will win all their games – Micah Richards picks team to win title
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They will win all their games – Micah Richards picks team to win title