Buhari regards his foreign trips more than Nigeria’s problems – Ubani

Forum 2 years ago

Buhari regards his foreign trips more than Nigeria’s problems – Ubani

A former Vice-President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Monday Ubani, has said that the President, Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari gives more regard to his foreign trips than the problems in Nigeria.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/63716b24168a7b50faa6371a3f16f17e.jpg

Ubani said this in reaction to the president’s recent trip to Turkey while there were calls for him to visit the north over the security challenges it faced.

In an interview with our correspondent, Ubani said, “His international engagement is more important to him than what is happening here in Nigeria. This is not his first time doing it. To some of his supporters, he is the best thing that can happen to us. To them, that is part of good governance.

“When your house is burning and you can go and attend to other people’s problems and go out of the country to represent Nigeria, that to them is a good sign of leadership and representation.

The human rights lawyer, however, stated that Buhari is not living up to his campaign promises and presidential duties.

Ubani added that his trip to Turkey was not a good thing, considering the security challenges the country faces every day.

“I think that we should be able to tackle our internal problems first. The insecurity that he promised to solve, Nigerians are becoming tired of it.

“Buhari travelling abroad is not good, I think he should sit down at home and try to solve some of our internal issues. This is why we elected him. We elected him to solve our problems including security, to protect lives and properties, and to ensure that life makes meaning to us,” Ubani added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 5 hours ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 5 hours ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 1 day ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music