Jenas fears Newcastle look a relegated team

Forum 2 years ago

Jenas fears Newcastle look a relegated team

Former Newcastle midfielder Jermaine Jenas fears they look a relegated team.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4e7474f8f5905b585fe03c98ed9f1585.jpeg

Newcastle lost 3-1 at Liverpool last night.

Jenas said on BT Sport: "Defence is a key area (for Newcastle in January), as clear as day for a long time.

"Their away record is disastrous, they don't look like they can keep a clean sheet.

"Who can shore things up? These players' confidence in defence is shot, they need a good few experienced centre-backs to do a job and guide them through this period.

"When I went to QPR when (Loic) Remy, (Jose) Bosingwa, Park (ji-Sung) were there, but best signing Harry Redknapp made was (Andros) Townsend, unfortunately Newcastle are gonna go through this process, cannot stop mercenaries turning up taking money, they are desperate.

"As it stands, this is a team that is getting relegated, comes down to who they bring in. Are they fighters and characters?"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 10 hours ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne
Forum | 4 days ago

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats
Forum | 1 week ago

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal