Ajax chief Van der Sar leaves door open to Man Utd return

Forum 2 years ago

Ajax chief Van der Sar leaves door open to Man Utd return

Ajax chief Edwin Van der Sar says he's happy in Amsterdam.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/569f04a73f79fd909d1544b0fae13292.jpeg

Van der Sar has been linked with a return to former club Manchester United.

"Every job you do, you want to do it as well as possible. I think we had success on the pitch as a player, winning trophies, getting respect, for us it's important to do the same trick as a director in the position what we do now," he told The Athletic's Business of Sport podcast.

"To be linked or talked about is something that we enjoy, of course, that means we're doing but the feeling is that we're not ready here yet in Amsterdam.

"There's still room to improve, we had a contract talk with him last year [Erik ten Hag] and he saw a real improvement in the team and a possibility to perform at a higher level, that's the way he's doing that, the players developing, it's fantastic.

"Your name once in a while pops up, of course I've got a connection with Man United but I'm extremely happy in Amsterdam."

But Van der Sar never quite shut the door on the links with United in the interview, adding: "There's always a next step, you want to have new experience, 'lets see if he can do the trick another time' probably in the end as a player you sort of feel the urge to take the next step, new challenge, you're on a dead track.

"For example, at Ajax I wanted a new challenge [and] went Juventus, at Juventus I was a dead track, ended up at Fulham — maybe stayed one or two years too long — in the end, I got the deal or the transfer that could finish my career at a high then playing six years.

"Probably at the end you want to go for the next challenge, but at the moment we're extremely fine here in Amsterdam."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa