Man Utd striker Cavani 'grateful, grateful' for fans support

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd striker Cavani 'grateful, grateful' for fans support

Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani hopes to see plenty of action over the Christmas programme.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1889d1fda8e112508e6f5bea27021435.jpeg

Interim manager Ralf Rangnick has suggested the Salto-born striker is close to a return after an injury lay-off with a tendon problem, that has kept him out since the draw at Atalanta in early November.

"I've been fortunate enough to have had a season here already," Cavani told manutd.com. "But without the fans in the ground. So I was unable to enjoy that experience along with them.

"But I've got huge recognition for just how great and kind they've been with me, and I'm grateful, and always will be, for the songs they've made up for me. Because I think that, a lot of the time, things happen for a reason.

"I'm sure that, sometimes, certain stuff happens for a purpose, and I'm grateful, grateful for all the affection that the supporters and fans of this club show me. So, yes, we'll see what happens. Let's hope that it's a really positive month for us all and then we can see what happens further on down the line."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bomb strapped on young man in Plateau bank fake – Police
Forum | 8 hours ago

Bomb strapped on young man in Plateau bank fake – Police

It’s done’ – Ex-Liverpool midfielder reveals Man Utd player told him manager to replace Ten Hag
Forum | 12 hours ago

It’s done’ – Ex-Liverpool midfielder reveals Man Utd player told him manager to replace Ten Hag

EPL: Ange Postecoglou confirms two key Tottenham players to miss Man City clash
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Ange Postecoglou confirms two key Tottenham players to miss Man City clash

EPL: ‘He’s lazy’ – Rooney blasts Man United midfielder
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: ‘He’s lazy’ – Rooney blasts Man United midfielder