You Lied, Tinubu Didn’t Build My Lagos House, Adebanjo Replies Akande

Forum 2 years ago

You Lied, Tinubu Didn’t Build My Lagos House, Adebanjo Replies Akande

The leader of Afenifere, Pa Ayo Adebanjo has reacted to the allegation made against him by former Governor of Osun State, Bisi Akande.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/06045168d03e5af768f89b7576b12494.jpg

Naija News reports that Akande had claimed that Adebanjo begged the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to build his house in Lekki, Lagos State.

Akande made the claim in his 559-page autobiography titled “My Participations,” launched in Lagos last week Thursday.

The pioneer APC National Chairman added that Tinubu accepted to help Adebanjo build his Lagos home after he had given him the land Certificate of Occupancy.

He, however, described Adebanjo as a blank politically-minded leader who cannot win any public office in the country.

Akande had said: “One day, Sir Olaniwuni was launching a book at Muson Centre, Lagos. After the book presentation, Tinubu said I should not go and that he would like to see me. We met in a small room where he also invited Sir Olaniwun Ajayi. ‘Papa, you can see that this document is old, Tinubu said as he handed over a big envelope to Ajayi. This is your C of O (Certificate of Occupancy)!’

“Tinubu told me later that after he presented Adebanjo’s C of O to him, Adebanjo was always pestering Tinubu until he helped build a house on the plot. The street was also named in honour of Adebanjo and he is living in that house now at Lekki Phase One.”

Reacting to the allegation in a statement on Thursday, Adebanjo denied the claim that his Lekki home was built by Tinubu and that he begged the APC leader to help him construct the edifice.

The Afenifere acting leader added that Akande was mischievous in his book for alleging that his house was a reward from Tinubu.

Adebanjo stated that he personally built his home with a bank loan and personal savings, asking Nigerians to disregard the baseless allegation made by Akande.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
House of the Dragon Season 2 Video Shows the Targaryen Civil War
Forum | 38 mins ago

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video Shows the Targaryen Civil War

Lagos police detain officer for unprofessional conduct
Forum | 1 day ago

Lagos police detain officer for unprofessional conduct

Yemi Alade fumes as she queries Lagos State government over recent series of house demolitions
Forum | 6 days ago

Yemi Alade fumes as she queries Lagos State government over recent series of house demolitions

Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba admission forms, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 week ago

Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba admission forms, 2024/2025