Man Utd midfielder Fred unsure of how Prem will handle World Cup disruption

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd midfielder Fred unsure of how Prem will handle World Cup disruption

Manchester United midfielder Fred doesn't know what to expect from next year's World Cup.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/21f765eb3e3f64e3b06f72b6c8eeb45a.jpeg

The Premier League will be paused in November 2022, to accommodate the global tournament, and is due to recommence on Boxing Day (26 December), a week after the final takes place in Lusail, just north of Doha.

"It's really different," Fred told United Review. "It's never happened before, has it? The first World Cup at the end of the year, and winter in Qatar. It's a change but I think that's part of football. We need to adapt to it.

"I hope to be there with my national team. I think we've got a great chance over there but it's a still a long way off, I have to continue working hard and doing my best at club level and for the national team in order to get to Qatar in good form."

Fred acknowledges that some fans will be upset that the Premier League will be halted, such is the appeal of the English top flight.

"It will be different as the Premier League will pause and when there are international breaks everyone's sad as they want to watch the Premier League games," he said. "The World Cup won't be any different. I think that's part of the game and we have to deal with it. I know it's a bit of a change, but we just have to find a way of dealing with it.

"[So we] come straight back into the Boxing Day fixtures? Imagine that. It won't be a problem. As I said before, there'll be a long pause but it will be great to get back, and it will be an important return. I hope we'll be fighting for trophies next season."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 13 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 13 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 17 hours ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 19 hours ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding