Chelsea fullback Alonso happy with his current form

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea fullback Alonso happy with his current form

Chelsea fullback Marcos Alonso is happy with his current form.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d51d82e106ab8e6c76dee2ccef1349f1.jpeg

Alonso has started five consecutive Blues games, stepping in and up to the challenge after Ben Chilwell's knee injury.

"It's obviously never nice to see a team-mate injured and that's the most important thing," the 30-year-old told the club's website.

"When you don't play games, it's always tough but trying to help the team win games is our main job."

Under Thomas Tuchel, Alonso has been redeployed as a wing-back once again, a role he excelled in during our most recent Premier League title-winning season of 2016/17.

"I just try to listen to what the manager wants and what the opponent requires and try to help the team as much as I can.

"It's important to adapt and find solutions to different challenges during a game or depending on who we play against. It's good to have different options and try to have different ways to cause problems to the opponent."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why Actresses Hardly Have Happy Relationships – Nollywood Star, Stella Udeze Speaks
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Actresses Hardly Have Happy Relationships – Nollywood Star, Stella Udeze Speaks

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 4 days ago

Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted