Gov aspirant escapes death as one killed in Benue road crash

Forum 2 years ago

Gov aspirant escapes death as one killed in Benue road crash

A gubernatorial aspirant and former Chief of Staff to Benue State Governor, Terwase Orbunde on Monday escaped death.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/560a833b886756a3139a4a4f632eeaa1.png

Sources said that Orbunde’s vehicle was involved in a ghastly accident at Uchi Village along Makurdi/Gboko Road.

Orbunde was the Chief of Staff to Governor Ortom but resigned his appointment in September to pursue his governorship aspiration.

A local publisher, Babs Usigbe who ran into the accident said that the governorship aspirant had a slight head injury.

Orbunde was said to be returning from the decamping ceremony in Gboko around 5.00pm when the accident occurred.

“I was on my way from Katsina Ala to Gboko and back to Makurdi when I ran into the accident.

“A picnic commercial vehicle which was coming from Makurdi was overtaking even at a straight road. Instead of the driver of the vehicle to return to his lane, he faced the vehicle in which the governorship aspirant was, hitting it against a tree.

“Orbunde had a slight head injury but one of the passengers from the commercial vehicle died on the spot while eight other passengers were seriously injured,” Usigbe, an eyewitness said.

The eyewitness said that the governorship aspirant and his driver as well as the injured persons were quickly rushed to an undisclosed hospital.

Confirming the accident, the Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Benue State, Yakubu Mohammed said one person died in the accident but added that he was yet to get full details.

“It is true there was an auto crash but am yet to get full details of the accident. However, I can confirm that one person died,” Mohammed said.

Efforts to get the governorship aspirant’s media friend, Tahav Agerzua were not successful as he did not pick calls made to his cellphone.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 1 day ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 1 day ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 3 days ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star