Man Utd boss Rangnick: Phelan not on training pitch

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd boss Rangnick: Phelan not on training pitch

Manchester United boss Ralf Rangnick admits coach Mike Phelan isn't on the training pitch.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fe6bb9d837eec2caf2c15d7eb1178d96.jpeg

Rangnick said Phelan, whose training sessions were popular with players when he was assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson, did not observe training sessions under Solskjaer.

"Since Michael Carrick is no longer on board we needed somebody else to replace him, so Chris Armas is one of two assistant coaches now with Kieran [McKenna]," Rangnick explained. "So I have the two of them who help me to prepare training sessions, to discuss video footage together with [analyst] Paul Brand.

"Mike Phelan is not watching the training sessions - he also didn't do that when Ole was in charge - but he's also part of the training group of the staff.

"But he is never on the pitch when we train. He's not out there and he didn't do that when Ole was in charge, as I said. Chris will not replace Mike but much rather Michael Carrick."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa