Barcelona management concerned about De Jong's confidence crisis

Forum 2 years ago

Barcelona management concerned about De Jong's confidence crisis

Barcelona management have concerns about Frenkie de Jong's confidence crisis.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8f605bec9e5655e78b082414c704e447.jpeg

Sport says his performances have worsened in recent weeks and Barcelona are worried for his low morale.

Xavi believes in him completely but there are big offers on the table and Barcelona need a sale somewhere. The only reality is that the team want to recover him to be one of the standard bearers of the new project but it also depends on what he wants to do at the end of the season.

De Jong has been disorientated in recent weeks. His top performances came under Ronald Koeman last season. Now he has lost influence on the game. He is not arriving in the box and was exhausted against Bayern Munich. He is not enjoying himself.

Xavi has made it clear that De Jong is important and cannot be sold. The club are happy with his professionalism but also know he's suffering emotionally because he takes everything seriously.

There's an understanding coming to Barca was a dream come true but it's not working out for the Dutchman.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 2 weeks ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story

LaLiga: Xavi to stay at Barcelona in shock u-turn
Forum | 2 weeks ago

LaLiga: Xavi to stay at Barcelona in shock u-turn