Malafeev impressed by Zenit for Chelsea draw

Forum 2 years ago

Malafeev impressed by Zenit for Chelsea draw

Former Zenit goalkeeper Vyacheslav Malafeev says they can be proud of their 3-3 draw with Champions League opponents Chelsea last night.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/73b08bedb342cbd82b84f384de380c84.jpeg

The match was a dead rubber for both teams, but Malafeev says Zenit can be happy with their efforts.

He told TASS: "Considering that the result did not greatly affect the alignment, I expected that there would be such a fairly open match, as if the teams should have scored in such a game.

"Indeed, Zenit played boldly. It's good that there are matches where you can test and see who is capable of what, especially with one of the best teams in Europe. In some places and in general, Zenit really showed good football, and a draw, in principle, is a good result. A very interesting match.

"Zenit is one of the strongest teams, I mean that the opponents respect them. I think that good results can be expected in the Europa League. Again, everything will depend on the draw, on the form in which the team will be. Therefore, I think that Zenit, in a good scenario, may be able to perform well in the Europa League."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 1 day ago

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 1 day ago

Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham