Ganduje promises safety education, weighbridges to curb crashes

Forum 2 years ago

Ganduje promises safety education, weighbridges to curb crashes

The Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, has inaugurated the 2021 Operation Zero Tolerance to Road Crashes campaign in the state.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b47a1a58a96d4be7d4f7822fedc6d2fa.jpg

The event was carried out on Tuesday in collaboration with the Federal Road Safety Corps at the ‘Yankaba Central Motor Park, Kano.

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Deputy Governor, Hassan Fagge, said Ganduje was represented at the occasion by the Deputy Governor, Dr Nasiru Gawuna.

He said following the approval by the National Council On Education on the introduction of road safety education in the curriculum of the primary and secondary schools in the country, the state government was committed to introducing road safety education in its schools.

He said, “We are planning to construct weigh bridges in order to prevent over loading by vehicles. We are also working towards establishing more driving licence centers in the state to ensure that only qualified and licensed persons drive vehicles to prevent crashes on our roads.”

The Corps Marshal of the FRSC, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, said the operation zero tolerance to road crash campaign was aimed at the mass sensitisation of road users and collective agenda-setting for improved road traffic and crash management during the yuletide season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
We’ve Traced N51.3bn Misappropriated by Ganduje – Kano Anti-graft Agency
Forum | 8 hours ago

We’ve Traced N51.3bn Misappropriated by Ganduje – Kano Anti-graft Agency

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman
Forum | 8 hours ago

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman

Ganduje Remains Our National Chairman – APC
Forum | 3 days ago

Ganduje Remains Our National Chairman – APC